View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3752614)   #5006
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'd like to see the fuel flow limits go away in both LMP1 and F1. Teams can still run the flow meters, but not for performance balancing. I think that LMP2s use something similar to the fuel flow meters to calculate estimates for fuel mileage. But I don't think they should be used for BOP or speed limiting purposes.

I think going back to air restrictors and allowing more freedom with engine layouts and hybrids would help a lot with variety in the class, and keep cost reasonable. Also restricting teams to one main bodykit that they can modify for LM or sprint races (again, think LMP900 or first generation LMP1) would also help.

I'd also like to see more emphasis on low emissions/renewable fuels, because I don't think we'll see a lot of high performance electric cars on the roads anytime soon, let alone electric cars that can go as fast as the current cars can for a whole 45-50+ minute stint, let alone be recharged in the time it takes to refuel a current car. Hence why most EV cars right now are hybrids that can go a certain distance before the engine has to kick in as a generator/main powertrain.