View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3774487)   #219
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Thankfully funds aren't all that tight, it's just that the Revival is SO expensive when compared to other meetings. I like the idea of Cadwell.

My daughter and her partner have professed interest in attending Goodwood next year, more for the poseur aspect which is rather distressing. Thus I might have to go with the flow. My brother is moving from Norwich to Wantage next month, so free accomodation might be available provided I don't mind getting up at about 6am to get there!

I must make a decision soon. Thanking everyone once again for positive and helpful comments.
I agree with Coppice about the Cadwell meeting - you can't go far wrong there with any historic meeting (the annual VSCC event is my favourite).

Regarding the Goodwood 'show aspects' - I wouldn't let that put you off. You can leave your daughter etc to look around the various displays / stands etc whilst you wander around the back of the circuit which is untouched by all of the 'razzmatazz' - just simple, low down old-fashioned wooden fencing with excellent viewing. I tend to spend my time walking / watching from those areas - there's also a handy free tractor / trailer transport system to get around if the walking is too much.