View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3922928)   #4419
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I wonder if any one here can help an aged Vauxhall Corsa owner sort out a fault? (For the avoidance of doubt both car and owner are old?

My 1.4 Corsa was running perfectly on Tuesday, motor way, towns etc.
Not used on Wednesday. Thursday morning completely dead electronics, only thing that worked was the red warning light that appears before you start the car, no lights , horn, radio etc, etc,.

Am charging battery as I assume it is flat, however, after a couple of hours I tried reconnecting to see if anything worked. Still stone dead.

Owner manual pretty useless, little help at all.

Could it be a) Shorting out somewhere.
b) A fuse problem.
c) Something else.

Any help gratefully accepted.
Bob, there are several on here that know more about modern cars than me, but....

Doubt shorting out. That would have melted something.

The fact that the red light comes on suggests some power available. If battery has a dead cell, however, that may not have enough guts to do anything more than make the lamp come on.

Simple next step would be to try a slave battery on the car. If that doesn’t help then you have some sort of failure in the car electrics themselves.....