View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3922940)   #4424
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Battery on charge, some electrics working, lights etc, but not yet enough to start. Unfortunately the car is on the drive, and the battery is such a tight fit I can't remove it (well easily) so it needs long lead, and charger under the bonnet, so not able to leave overnight.

I will let you know if it starts once fully charged. To avoid battery going flat when not in use can I just disconnect the positive lead, or do I do both?

Many thanks for your help, I take back all I ever said about you all.

Bob
This sounds promising Baub, but even if you can (temporarily) charge it back to life, I'd suspect your battery is Kaput. If you do manage to get the engine running, and the battery light isn't still showing on the dashboard, I suggest you go to a good honest local car spares place (or whoever does your servicing) who should be able to check your battery condition and alternator charge rate. (It may not be a good idea to go to one of the quick fit type places, such as 'Half cars-Made-in-Dagenham', places like this have a reputation for selling people batteries & alternators whether they need them or not!)