View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2019, 07:27 (Ref:3922941)   #4425
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I wonder if any one here can help an aged Vauxhall Corsa owner sort out a fault? (For the avoidance of doubt both car and owner are old?

My 1.4 Corsa was running perfectly on Tuesday, motor way, towns etc.
Not used on Wednesday. Thursday morning completely dead electronics, only thing that worked was the red warning light that appears before you start the car, no lights , horn, radio etc, etc,.

Am charging battery as I assume it is flat, however, after a couple of hours I tried reconnecting to see if anything worked. Still stone dead.

Owner manual pretty useless, little help at all.

Could it be a) Shorting out somewhere.
b) A fuse problem.
c) Something else.

Any help gratefully accepted.
Just another quick thought on this Baub. Now, I would never suggest that you sir could have done something silly like leaving the lights on but, just check that the boot light (if your model has such a thing) is going out when the door is closed. (I'm assuming you have a Corsa hatchback, so this is easy to check either by tilting the rear seat backs forward or removing the rear parcel shelf so you can see into the luggage compartment when the hatch is closed. If your car has a real boot you will have to find yourself a trusting soul who is prepared to climb into the boot and let you then close it to see if it goes dark!). Another possibility could be a light in the glovebox not going out, but this is more difficult to check. Either of these staying on overnight would be enough to flatten your battery.