Thread: MotoGP 2021
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4052048)   #187
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
As to Quartararo I think he's been suffering a lot. Just after Zarco overtaking in the straight its very hard for Fabio to enter and catch the apex in the right part of the Dunlop chicane.
I know Fabio had a different tyre mix to others.... I think Miller was using a soft rear wet and FQ a medium version. FQ had a soft front compound also, which as the track dried he overstressed it. FQ effectively had no grip when Zarco came up on him , and could not get drive onto the straight, or turn into corners allowing Zarco to breeze past him with ease.

I guess at that point Quartararo must have gone into championship mode knowing Bagnaia was behind and staying on the bike would allow him to take the championship lead over Bagnaia, and chasing Zarco for second on the limited rubber he had could have ended with a sore backside and zero points.