View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4044847)   #10
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
CSCC are coming to Knockhill for a double header (racing clockwise and anti- clockwise on the different days) on July 3/4. Maybe some of your members should join the club and join in the appropriate grids to show us the way round.
Excellent idea, Andy, one that is in discussion between Scottish Classics drivers and CSCC. Hopefully it will result in some local drivers competing at this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
I suspect that, as long as CSCC can keep the price of entry reasonable, this event will be well supported.

I appreciate it's a long way for anyone south of the midlands to travel, but nevertheless, CSCC have never raced there before, and with the unique format, I think plenty will be prepared to make the trip to try a new circuit and get two races over the weekend.

Certainly, the double-header event at Anglesey in 2019 was very popular, and the format plus good value entry fee certainly tempted plenty of people to make the journey who perhaps otherwise wouldn't have done so for a single race meeting.

I, for one, am certainly hoping to do Knockhill, and all things being equal (i.e. I still have a working car and money!), then I'll be there.
Would be great to see a substantial turnout, perhaps with numbers assisted by those no longer travelling to Spa. There may not be the attraction of Belgian frites but the Knockhill cafeteria stovies will provide ample sustenance. I and many other enthusiasts are hoping that we will be allowed access to spectate!