View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2003, 21:52 (Ref:684552)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Wood
Watching the BTCC live from Snetterton on TV yesterday evening, my 16-year old son, now a seasoned veteran of the Britcar pitlane, was appalled at the speeds that the tourers entered and left. I reminded him that the TOCA pitlane is more tightly controlled regarding personnel (I believe that pit-wall staff are limited, and not allowed to move once there). As a non-driver, I enjoy the freedom to roam (always safely, and with due consideration for those with a proper job to do).
Steve, you are correct, TOCA pit personel are not allowed to cross the lane without an officials permission to do so. This keeps the lane a lot safer. Pit lanes are crowded, you only have to look at Spa to realise how bad it can sometimes get.

As an occasional photographer in the Britcar pitlane, it is very crowded, but because of the low speed very safe. While I feel that 20mph can be seen to be too slow, in a crowded lane like Britcar has it is imperitive to maintain pit safety.