View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2001, 17:21 (Ref:180250)   #3
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Thanks for this, love the Jag and the D type they also make. A long term plan of mine is to have a complete set of model Le Mans winners. Can you or anyone else suggest a good range/company, nothing that is going to break the back, and smaller scale so my wife doesn't kill me! It would need to be ready made models as I have nowhere near the skill of Dr Austin - I am in total awe of the models you make. I'm UK based in case that effect any recommendations. Cheers.
Starter makes all the leMans winners in both kit and factory built models. the are about $70 US and maybe a little pricey, but I have the 67 MKIV and am very pleased with it. The Vitesse group has made plenty of LeMans winners. Here is a partial list, but i may have missed a couple.

66 Bang, Starter

67 Solido, Starter

68 Bang, Starter

69 Bang, Starter

70, 71 Brumm makes both as did Solido, Paul's makes the 70 winner, starter makes them all

72 Starter is all I am aware of. oops, there is also solido

73 Paul's model art

74 Starter

75 Starter, solido

76 Starter

77 Starter, solido, Paul's

78 Solido, Starter

79 Quartzo, Starter

80 Quartzo (it is stunning)

81 Trofeau (more stunning)

82 Quartzo, Paul's Starter

83 Quartzo, Paul's, starter

84, 85, 86, 87, ditto

88 Just released by IXO (formerly vitesse, quartzo, trofeau)

89 Max models (for Paul's model art)

90 Future IXO release

91 Quartzo released it just a month ago, and beautiful

92 Quartzo did it earlier in the year. It was an update of the old vitesse model and they did a nice job

93 Done five or six years ago by Vitesse. May be re-issued. Starter also make it, as it does ALL LeMans winners.

94 Paul's, Starter

95 Paul's (good luck finding one), Starter

96.97 Trofeau, Starter

98 Onyx, Paul's

99 Onyx, Pauls

2000 Pauls' Onyx

2001 nothing yet, but soon.

Some of these will be difficult to find. All are in 1/43 scale. You can get most of them at replicars.com, but you will have to go to mafma.com for the starter models. The solidos require decalling, you might do better finding a good builder locally to teach you how to do it. I got started by decalling solidos and gradually got braver until i moved up to resin. The sickness has only gotten worse.

Be careful with these models. They are like a really bad fungus that if left untreated, will spread over the whole house. If you have a specific model that you can't find, drop me a PM and i will keep my eyes open. I come across alot of stuff.

PS; don't wait on the jags and audis. They sell out real quick, especially the cigarette cars. All the XIO stuff is such a good value that they don't last long. For the older stuff, replicars might have more because cars like the Rondeau don't sell too good in the US. Most Americans just want IMSA stuff, but the cig cars are always a quick sellout. Act now.

Perhaps it is time to ask the administration for a model forum? What do you guys think?