Thread: Gran Turismo 2
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 1999, 14:54 (Ref:13054)   #8
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The demo version of GT2 does not do the game any justice. The cars on the demo are pure stock models and not setup or tuned for racing. There are a few cars ont he game that a beyond the ability of most to drive. Hows about an 800 horsepower, 1800 pound TVR Speed 12? I call it the tire eater. Others are very fast and equally fun to drive.

As far as Playstation versus Dreamcast, I can offer a legitimate comparison as I own both. The Dreamcast is definitely better (and newer) hardware over the venerable Playstation, but lacks the games of the Sony juggernaut. I am still waiting for some releases that have been repeatedly pushed back. The F1 sim and some action-adventure games are getting delayed and delayed and I am getting a little frustrated with SEGA over this. The CART Flag to Flag Racing game was a major disappointment and pales in comparison to the CART World Series for the Playstation in every way but graphically. Terrible driving engine, lack of options, and a seriously limited interface killed this game in my mind.