View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2000, 09:53 (Ref:2127)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. As Holden and HRT in particular have marginalised the fan base towards them (remember Bathurst 98?) the fans won't be turned of in large number, just the ever fewer Ford fans.

2. FTR are not a factory team. It's Glenn Seton Racing with more money from Ford and two Tickford engineers working with the team, a long way from the involvement level of HRT. They sucked at Barbagallo I imagine because of the effort they had to put in to repair Cromptons car. They were allright at Phillip Island, just need to qualify better so they can get clear of the upper midfield bashing that goes on.

3. Dick was pretty good I thought. Opinionated, in a good way, and more 'professional' than when he was commentating from inside the car. Big tick for his remarks on Longhurst.

4. It's a big shame for sure, but a bigger shame perhaps for Peter Doulman who was closer to the pace than Matty Coleman was. The Gatorade boys always put in a big effort and even when things went to pieces at Bathurst last year everyone in the team refused to be down about it. A terrific example of positive attitude. And it was 34 cars because Alan Heath didn't turn up. Again (he was supposed to be at Eastern Creek to)

5. Big nay. I especially love how the colour of the car doesn't match the transporter or the team shirts.

6. Rub him out, then bring in Cromley with the bat. you could hold this Friday night at the next round. Place car inside a square ring, then to a thumping soundtrack Cromley walks purposefully towards the car, bat in hand. Suddenly as Cromley goes to work on the car Morris comes running down the ramp to tackle Cromley. Then Seto runs down to help Cromley, followed by Morris' ex-HRT teamates Skaife, Lowndes & McConville. Then Brad Jones jumps in the get back for years of Super touring abuse..... GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMBLE!