View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2000, 13:42 (Ref:5119)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well the sunday morning race turned into a complete nightmare and was cancelled due to a huge crash on the start line.

but the other 2 races on friday and saturday were completed safely and here is the finishing order for them

RACE 1
1.C Chiles .march 717
2.R Eyre .mclaren m8c/d
3.N Barret .mclaren m8d
4.M Wilds .chevron b19
5.A Wolfe .Lola t212

RACE 2
1.N Barrett .mclaren m8d
2.R Eyre .mclaren m8c/d
3.C Chiles .march 717
4.A Wolfe .Lola t212
5.I Barrowman .toj ss02

i didnt see any of these races and got the results from the Oz GP site.

RACE 3

well I was all reved up to see this race as it was being televised but sadly as the lights went green (rolling start) the field took off only for something to go wrong with Nigel Barretts McLaren either he missed a gear or the engine let go or even the brakes locked on for some strange reason he was collected by the march of chris chiles and launched high into the air..along came Ian Barrowman in the toj and slammed into chiles and then off into the outside wall (car pictured above) this blocked the track and following competitors had no where to go and a few got tangled up in the carnage the lovely little Ginetta of George douglas also got involved with another car who im not sure was...but amazingly only 5 cars were involved in the crash but they blocked the track and the race was red flagged and eventually cancelled due to time commitments.

I was very dissapointed that this happened as I was really looking forward to watching these cars in action but sadly it was not meant to be