View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3933299)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Its my understanding that typhoon season in Japan covers a wide swath of the calendar. Granted, it is schedule on the tail end of the peak (August/September). Given the transportation schedule, you either have it in the spring (around Australia) or run into pushing it deeper into fall/winter than it already is.

Richard
Looking at the Pacific Typhoon season, the previous dates are recorded as:

2010: Jan 18-Dec 20 (quietest Typhoon season on record)
2011: Apr 11-Jan 1
2012: Jan 13 - Dec 29
2013: Jan 1 - Dec 3
2014: Jan 10 - Jan 1
2015: Jan 2 - Dec 23
2016: May 25 - Dec 28
2017: Jan 7 - Dec 26
2018: Dec 29 - Dec 29
2019: Dec 29 - ongoing

So if you wanted to avoid the risk of typhoon, the best time would appear to be Feb/Mar?