View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4063136)   #106
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got back from four days in orange in That London. Great weekend.

I had custody of what appeared to be the only stretch of track where nobody hit the walls (T21/22), saw some extremely audacious overtakes via the classic "stick the car up the inside" manoeuvre, and generally had quite a good time. Standing in the hole at the back of the grid when they started each race was just *awesome* - these cars might not have a super-high top speed, but by god they get off the line quickly.

ExCeL itself, inside (so I stayed dry!) looked like a massive theatre or concert venue with a race track down the middle. Very, very different.

Good job today's race was an hour earlier than yesterday, given the amount of water that fell on London half an hour after the flag fell. The drive back north was really rather challenging...

I'm yet to watch the full races, so I'll reserve final judgement until I do. But I enjoyed the weekend, myself.