View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2024, 23:14 (Ref:4196214)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the link Jesper!

Some interesting cars in the various photos..

I am sure KA will also like this too!

I think we can have a good guess at the history of some of then.

For example the #11 and #30 635s look like they are in Hartge livery? Could they be ex Voijtek and Enge ETCC cars?

One of them had a BMW skeleton liveried bonnet! A spare sourced from Schnitzer?

The white red 635 is very probably the Juma Belga car from the 1985 Spa race. Not sure if it did all of the ETCC that year but I had a Spark model of it until recently!

The silvery grey Snobeck 190s maybe their 1988 DTM cars? The white cars may well be the ones they ran in 1985 and '86. The white wheels were quite unique and IIRC only Snobeck and Cudini ran those rims? So did they still own and run the white cars for the likes of Salam or were they sold on to them?

The 2 Holdens are familiar, both ran in the'87 WTCC and ETCC at times. They were at the Silverstone TT that year hired by UK and Dutch deivers?

Also the Sierra/Merkur XR4Ti is a great find. It's left hand drive so I am guessing it cane from Germany, either an ex Eggenberger or HWRT car from 1986?