View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2788049)   #87
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As you may know, I also teach on a skid car - you know, Mondeo bolted on a frame. We use 2nd hand tyres on this for obvious reasons. But one set of wheels I bought had nearly new tyres on. After one session they looked exactly the same as the ones that were sold as "illegal for road use" and they stayed at that level for the same length of time as the "illegal" ones.

Proof if proof were needed of the merits of buffing. If anyone races on 185/60/14 wheels, I'll buff em for free for you LOL

BTW with the FISC tyres the grip level was so uniform (read bad) throughout their life that you could get away with changing just one tyre if there was (much) canvas showing.

Last edited by midgetman; 10 Nov 2010 at 13:01. Reason: typo