View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2789589)   #34
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoa, not everybody wants to buy an expensive portable device to watch streaming. And the best-selling (and overhyped) portable devices are from a fruity company that will never make it easy to output a video signal... Laptops do it too and I got myself a - literally - book-sized nettop that does everything and more, including 1080p.

Even with all of those, I'm always watching alone and this is where a conventional TV broadcast is still better to attract people to the series. Falling upon a Vette racing a Ferrari when zapping will get some people just like seeing Tiger Woods concentrating before a putt will. When I was watching the Mid Ohio race on NBC on my parent's living room TV, both my father and my brother joined me and started asking questions about the prototypes and the GT cars. That's why I think the series should still showcase its product out there in the most accessible spot. The docudrama format works really well there. Purists will always complain unless they get full races live with commentary from Hindhaugh so give it to them online; a few thousands will tinker and jump through hoops to get it, me included. I see the solutions in between these two much less ideal because they bring more compromises than benefits.