View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3739331)   #123
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though Lydden was far from perfect I rather think most of the issues that have been stated are excuses rather than legitimate reasons. In my opinion its more about money than WRX out growing Lydden.

I actually found the article rather patronising and to suggest a good head lining act will make the astronomical admission charge all ok is quite offensive. Imagine how Glastonbury regulars would feel if suddenly a motorsport event was put on with it and they were charged twice the amount they'd paid in the past,then told its ok because Sebastian Loeb Petter Solberg and Ken Block will be racing!
Also really not sure how many new people will be attracted to RX.I know I wouldn't fork out that kind of money for something I didn't know much about, and if it was the music I was going to see probability is I wouldn't turn up until late afternoon after the racing has finished!

If ticket sales are slow which would hardly be surprising then I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly brought in a RX ticket only and maybe a music ticket only to try and save face and minimise the loss.

I really think Silverstone have got this so wrong and IMG as the sports promoter should be ashamed for allowing it to happen for this is doing nothing to promote rallycross. At the moment this is just some crappy named horrendously over priced mish mash of a made up event that cant even put RX in the title. Shameful.