View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3372476)   #110
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure on how the banding works, again hoping for band A; maybe it's linked to your council tax band

Personally I'm really undecided on this. I've done a few races where HTP was asked for, Spa for instance but if I recall that was with the Dutch historic series. All other races at Spa haven't required HTP. The Guards with HSCC always needed HTP but I'm unlikely to continue in that due to the class structure (the car not the driver!)

The DW quote implies an assumption by FIA that as historic racers are wealthy and own valuable cars they'll pay up. I don't regard myself as wealthy and racing is a very significant expenditure for me that I accept as I love doing it. However, I need a race budget and spending £500 upwards to renew something that I believed was a lifelong purchase annoys me.

What will I get for this additional (every 5 year) expenditure? Moral high ground? Higher re-sale value for the car? Entry to select events?

I got into HTP sanctioned racing as I (very naively) believed that it would provide a strictly controlled, historically relevant and cost constrained (due to regulations) form of motorsport.

Now having removed the rose tinted specs all I'm left with is a strong sense of hypocrisy. Why should I repeatedly pay a fee for a document that guarantees..........what?