Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2015, 02:07 (Ref:3559088)   #1280
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love old stuff. I have very little interest in all of the modern trappings of life and I have no desire whatsoever to own a modern car or most likely anything that's coming down the pike. Regardless of what is being used for power.

This is where I contradict myself.

F1 and even Motorsport as a whole cannot operate and put in technical regulations that harken to the past and pretend that progress hasn't happened and will continue to happen. The regulations are stifling enough already. As result all of this younger generation of skateboarders and bmxers whose dream cars have over 1,000 hp, active suspension, active aerodynamics, amazingly high tech drive trains are simply not interested. I can't blame them either.

I can remember first falling in love with F1 as a teen in the mid 90s. I recall wishing that they would open the regs so that we could really see something special. Then the regs got tighter. Then we got the V10s but, we had those stupid tires. Still I wished for more open regs...surely some fat slicks and active aero with tunnels would fix this inability to pass one another. What do we get? A frozen V8 and even stupider aero regs. On to today and it's more of the same.

Let's free these beasts a little. I'm tired of looking at the same basic look for the past decade. Let's see something rad, something awe inspiring, something that makes the hyper cars suddenly seem a lot less hyper to the kid back flipping his bike and has Mclaren P1 background on his iPhone.

Maybe I'm wrong but, can we at least try it? Just this once?