Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3559207)   #1283
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My idea for F1 is the ultimate expression of what is possible within the limits of the circuit, the drivers and safety for all. I don't feel that we are very close to that point and haven't been for quite sometime. I could be completely wrong and I'm willing to consider that. Maybe it's just a matter of carburetors or mechanical fuel injection with a completely mechanical connection between the drivers foot and engine and hands transmission and steering box. There's a huge part of me that would love this as this is how I would build my vintage racer if I could afford one. This is the stuff that I would rather own. But, it is in the past.

As far as the drivers being taxed, that should happen through the cars taxing them in a modern way. Just as an F22 pilot is taxed in a different and in arguably lesser and greater ways than the pilot of a Sopwith Camel.

I don't think the cars have to wail and snarl. Though I'm not opposed to it.

I don't think that the cars have to be difficult to tame beasts. The only reason that used to be is because that's the best that they could do. If they had today's sophistication back then this wouldn't even be a point of comparison.

My starting point would be lower visually. Lower front wing, lower rear wing, no stepped floor. Wider. I'd like to see 2,000 cm width again. If a tad wider that's fine. Of course wider tires but, on 13" rims. I like fat sidewalls. Aero changes would be ground effects accompanied with minimal wing designs front and rear. No DRS. Underfloors wouldn't be standard but, probably not far from it to keep things in check during the term of these pilot changes.