View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3880207)   #1288
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
They look like quite good value.

Might need some steering though.

I suspect the old roller skate 'lean to steer' approach might be a little ineffective for those devices.
Those are the old style. We used 60te skates to move a 3500te topsides facility in the UAE a few years ago. They have steering capability as well as jacking so you slip them under the load then raise them. Quite spectacular in an engineering kind of way.