Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
Richards, Fury, Bond, not a bad start

(IIRC Brock didn't rally till later)
The first three started as rally drivers, then moved to Circuit.
PB didn't

Personally I think Farmer George is one of the most underrated drivers that Australia has ever had, just the nature of the guy that when the the popular heads were hogging the media in the blue and red camps Fury was quite happy to just drive for the love of driving. Even in Rally you had perpetual wag Dunkerton a media favourite.
Developing cars that were usually hampered by colloquial rules or, in the case of the early Group A Skylines, a manufacture who didn't have a full handle on the intricacy of witting a FIA homologation document i the way Ford and BMW did ... there is no reason a Group A DR30 or 31 Skyline couldn't have been the equal to a Sierra, by the time they did learn (with the R32) Nissan racing had moved from Marsden to Gibson and Fury had been out of the circle for 3 or 4 years... (only getting enduro drives). So he packed his boots, retired to the farm to spend more time with the kids, including driving the infamous school bus, entered 2 more rallies as a favour to help develop a VR4 for someone (can't remember who), he won both of them after a 8 year break from rally. I don't think he has driven competitively since, I guess he would be in his 60's now
LEGEND