View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3770182)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I don't know the full story, but my understanding is that the minimum budget required to do the '1000, would cover most blokes for a whole Super2 season.

There's a lot more to it, than just the nominal entry fee.
A team did this event a couple of years ago as a wildcard, rented a car, sourced engineering and preparation assistance, and garage equipment, insured it, and for the single event were said to not see a whole lot of change out of $150k when working out the value of cash and kind.

Just as Super2 pilots get called up into the main 1,000km race, technical bods become in demand for teams to bolster the strategy/engineering/preparation in teams up and down the lane too. Like Dr Slater at 888 Here

There are spare garages at the end of the lane... not dozens... but a number usually taken up by Dunlop tyre equipment & personnel... and a weighbridge/setup pad.. who could either contract to smaller space, or go back into the paddock. SupercarTV takes a number of garages too as a studio which equally could be somewhere else if required.

If only there was the demand for the space.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House