Old 22 Dec 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3788699)   #152
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
Personally I would like to see COTA or Laguna Seca can join WTCR
US ronnd doeasn't have too much sense. No US team, no US drivers, these TCR models doesn't really rated on the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I don't see a reason in putting such rounds as Marrakech or Ningbo to WTCR as there are no manufacturers involved so there is nothing to promote in such countries. And racing with empty grandstands is not something that WTCR needs I guess...
Marakesh is OK, it'snot far from Europe.

Zuhai will have more sense instead of Ningbo.

But all in all I think a private based TCR series with european teams and mainly european drivers should concentrate to europe, just like the ETCC did or the DTM do. Maybe a very limited weekends outside of Europe, to become a World Cup or World Championship (Marakesh and Macau ot maybe an argetinian round))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Suspect it's more to do with the contracts Eurosport will have with these venues already in existence. I'd put good money on these being phased out over the next couple of years
I think you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
Wow, with Marrakech, Nordschleife, Vila Real and possibly Short-Suzuka 4 overrated venues in, while Spa, Imola/Monza, Salzburgring are out... and even Oschersleben produced entertaining races.

Man, I HATE street circuits.

Well, this mess of a calendar was to be expected. I hope TCR Europe gets a cool grid, then there is enough Quality-TCR to watch next year on worthy tracks.
Mee too. Imho only australians can make proper street circuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Not a bad calendar at all. I'd love to see a US round for TBC 1, perhaps they can join the IMSA Lime Rock event? I also wonder where they'll go for TBC 2, I guess it has to be somewhere in the Asian region as shipping the cars to another continent would be very expensive.
How much this intercontinental transportation could cost for the whole grid?

Tracks pays a huge license fee for held weekends, that is not enough for that?