View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2017, 01:36 (Ref:3757900)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to see a professional job from both ESMs today ... no sketchy driving, no pit errors, no mechanicals. Imagine if Dalziel and Derani shared a car ......

Even so, first and third is not bad at all.

I almost feel sorry for the Taylors. Their car has been strangled and shackled and crippled ... and still took second.

If that were a P1, and didn't have to mess with BoP stuff ... how fast could they make that car?
Lots of contact in the Prototype Department that they got away with which was good to see. Usually contact can lead to pretty big offs but the fellows driving did a great job to maintain composure.

It seems that the track conditions changed or setups changed considerably throughout the race because it was interesting to see how some cars were fast at the beginning and some cars were fast at the end. The pr1 Ligier held second place for nearly the entire first stint and then something happened to that car and they dropped back to last, I don't know if the tires went off or what happened but they never had the pace again after that initial stint. The jdc car has to have a better race if they want to win. They are fast enough they just need to work on pit stops and strategy.

I was glad to see esm finally pull it together and have a solid outing. I don't know if they can keep that up for the 10 hours at Petit but it is great to see some other competition at the front. Throwing Derani in the car definitely does not hurt. [emoji3]