View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2022, 03:36 (Ref:4121309)   #56
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
The lack of discussion on this forum might be more of an indication of changes on the social media landscape.

One of the points Garry was trying to make was that the drivers are no longer household names. With them only appearing in front of the broader public 12 times a year it is no surprise.

However, stick a dozen of them in ARG categories, and that exposure grows with promotional opportunities. Sadly, that might have been the plan, but politics has got in the way.
I am not sure about the social media issue as I don't participate though this is a social media place as well. It seems to me that things have changed, Brock, Richards etc were all household names before we had the internet and crowd attendances to race meetings far and away exceeded what you see today. There were also a lot more race meetings and we did not need the internet to know when they were on. The car club base was the reason that racing was popular but that no longer exists for all intents and purposes. No roots to the tree and the tree dies, pretty simple really.