View Single Post
Old 6 May 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3243422)   #136
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
E-I talks about 35.000 here: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-17881.html

By my own memory, 2011 seemed like the most crowded one.
As should perhaps be expected, the E-I piece comes across as considerably more level headed.

Looking at financial realities, 35,000 at even the advance price of 25 Euros brings in a gate of 875,000 Euros. Taking away circuit hire (68,000 apparently, which does seem a bit small), a notional 100,000 for local promotion, another notional 100,000 for the wider media buy (paying Eurosport / Motors / RLM to cover it), and making a 20% contribution to overheads you're still looking at turning a reasonable profit, in fact using these sort of numbers even a gate of 14,000 can get you into the black.

Obviously there are probably other costs involved - but equally the promotional budget I've shoved in there is completely arbitrary and may be too high - you also need to factor in what coming in from Audi, DHL, and Tudor for trackside advertising, and whatever you can get from hospitality etc (I really don't see Toyota getting the presence they had for free).

All this said, when has sportscar racing ever made huge financial sense?