View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2831490)   #5
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do have to say...since when have all the organisers been cash rich?

I know some of the clubs manage to provide us with sign on money or a meal voucher etc, but having seen behind the scenes, not all of them have the bottom lines that some of you seem to think they have. How many of you have actually seen the accounts of the clubs you are talking about?

Places like MSVR are able to do it as its likely at their own circuits they aren't going to be paying the face value of a meal, they'll be paying the cost price, if prices are even factored in at all.

Now I think this is a very kind offer, but I do have to say whilst a fiver seems a reasonable amount when your paying for a meal that would actually get you a hell of a lot of food if your buying it at wholesale price etc. If the team are doing this out of genuine kindness then they shouldn't be making a profit out of it and any charge really should just cover the cost of the food.