View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2022, 06:50 (Ref:4117291)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
All that is true but I think the main reason club racing is not more popular is the endless procession of meaningless one make championships. Put on a good show and the crowds will come. As they regularly do at Castle Combe
If by one make you mean Clio and the like, a lot of spectators prefer them because the racing is normally closer. It's the longer multi class races they don't enjoy.

FF1600 is always popular at Combe because that's so tightly regulated that even with different chassis it's near as dammit one make.

Personally I think downforce and sticky tyres are the death of club racing. Witness FF1600 and the rise in popularity of historic racing. Watching a car go round a corner glued to the road is about as exciting as watching the M4; watching even one car in a full drift, the driver defying physics, really stirs the blood.

When spectators lose interest in racing they lose interest in the forums.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk