View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3200986)   #8
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Parity is all about who is the best driver coupled with who has the best engineer for the setup. We had it in A1GP and even then one team ran away with it every year.

I do like the ST format as it always provides close racing, which is a spectacle in itself, and they are fast and look good which is always helpful.

But I do love such things as CMC where you can pretty much do what you like within a set of rules, as Socram says watching one car reeling off the others is very exciting, especially with reverse order or delayed grid starts. But that type of racing is for fun only, isn't it, because one car will usually win most races barring mechanical problems.

Formula 1 to my mind should be about who has the very best engine, aero and chassis (as well as driver) and the changes made by the FIA over recent years have done a lot to neuter that, like limiting revs, not allowing any new engines, etc. I don't want F1 to be about fairness to the minnow teams, I want it to be about mind-blowing technology and brilliant designs, and most of all about earth-shatteringly quick lap times.

I think we should go back to the 1997 regulations personally!