View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3608109)   #44
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Good to see the WRC on prime time terrestrial TV again. I just wish the production team would have presenters on camera rather than just robotic voice-over commentary.
Have to say I disagree with you there: I'd rather we see as much footage of the cars in action as possible then look at a presenter stood beside a stage (or sitting in a studio!).

I watched the Channel 5 program last night. Very similar in format to the ITV4 show which is fine by me. I did notice that the footage of Latvala's off piste excursion which eventually led to the collision with a spectator was included, but the clip was cut short before the impact (and the impact wasn't mentioned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
A pity the BBC news didn't notice it was happening, despite there being a British driver leading.
His retirement did at least get a brief mention on the BBC website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/35380519

...a strong start for Meeke though. I hope he can continue to challenge Ogier at other rounds this year. Speaking of Ogier, I saw this being shared by multiple outlets on Facebook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Irish Rallying Facebook
Sébastien Ogier trying to help Kris Meeke once he hit trouble

A pure touch of class by Ogier and shows just how good of sportsman he is! Ogier commented

"Kris deserved better, it would have been nice to carry on until the end. It's a shame. Now it’s a different race, I have to go to the end"

...I would like to clarify the context of the picture, but if he was truly looking under the car in order to try and assist Meeke then my opinion of Ogier has been elevated massively.