View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3767382)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
So you know 100% that the appeal will fail?
Obviously not, but we are in a position where Cook has picked up 4 disciplinary events leading to suspension. And the first appeal has already failed. In taking it to a further appeal, it gives the message that the team don't respect the series officials' decision (both initial and subsequent).

The appeal may be upheld, but I wonder how genuinely BMR believe that, and how much of it is to get the car on the grid through stalling tactics?

I find it strange that a team would risk a potential 6 race disqualification for the sake of 1 result that would likely be forgotten in time, unless there is another potential reward factoring into their risk/reward analysis of taking this action?