View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3790928)   #552
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
A dealership staffer I spoke to earlier this week told me they were considering turning the franchise in, they've held for close to 30 years.

The mandatory re-modelling of the showroom and service reception every 5 years is no longer stacking up against the dwindling sales, which started sliding mid-'16, having been one of NSW regional's best-selling Volvo dealers for '14/'15
Sadly the remodelling demand is not unique to Volvo.
Arguably VW is worse in this area, with building required to be a design of their choosing, using the builder of their choosing, and the dealer’s only real choice is whether they are paying, or their landlord is...

Hard to imagine throwing something like $2m at a new building every 5 years can be financially viable

And for all the talk of Nissan volumes being off, despite being in Supercar, if you went to a dealership, you wouldn’t know they were racing, no pictures, no staff in racing shirts, nothing. They have a product problem too, yet not leveraging marketing assets surely will not help.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods