Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3844516)   #48
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I see what you're getting at there, fair enough. Although I don't see the upside to that. I can't imagine any WEC fan has ever went to Silverstone and said they wanted less WEC and more Formula 3. I'd even go as far as dropping the F3 event completely and using Le Mans Cup - even if that has to be a shorter race.
I believe Silverstone themselves asked for the change to accommodate another series, and I'm guessing the money they'd get they feel offsets any lost ticket sales by saying they've increased your value per ticket. Although I think many here would argue less WEC means less value.

I know people who have stopped coming to Petit on Wednesday as the WeatherTech guys don't come in track until Thursday morning now, so not exactly better value there. It's not the same thing as it was done here to save the teams money by cutting a day not race length. But it is still one less practice session so less time on track with the main event. More spec MX-5s is NOT an improvement for me. But I want my camping spot so I'm there early regardless who's on track, maybe I'm not the target audience for this type of change either.