View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3940640)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sure I read somewhere this week that they are shredded, then sent to a facility to be burned at high temps and produce fuel for cement factories.....
they are. i believe there's something added during manufacture to make the burn process less toxic, but i can't remember where i read that either!

in terms of use, f1 tyres do about the same mileage as a set of other single seater or gt tyres. i suppose one difference would be that the 13" and 18" second hand market is pretty good, so a set of those can often do several hundred more km before they're finally sent to pasture.

tyres can also be turned into road surfaces, bridge joins and allsorts. by law, any tyre scrapped in the uk (which will include the f1 tyres) has to be recycled so we're pretty good at it.