View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3942599)   #36
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Max you've either been out of racing for far too long or you had too much last night and are still befuddled! Comments inline in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Let's get this in perspective. The rise is less than the cost of of the fuel to get to the channel port for our next adventure. (plus the £12 per race rise in the MUK 'permit fee') For £155 or whatever it is we have access to a regulated, standardised, broadly level playing field with high safety standards. (we had that this year too, but without the 50% increase in price) Most of us here would get back from a good night out and find that much missing from our wallets without a qualm. (the reason I can afford to race is because I don't blow £155 on a night out)

Racing drivers get an awful lot in their sport FREE. Marshals, organisers, officials, club personnel - most do it for fun. (not free - the latter 3 are all fully paid jobs covered by club membership fees, series/championship registration fees, and event entry fees; even the marshals are both paid a bit and given freebies by clubs like MGCC & CSCC) Race meetings don't just happen. How fair is it that they incur expenses, early starts and long days just so we can enjoy ourselves? (because they enjoy it too and treat it as a hobby, same as us) If by paying a little extra we can help reward them with training, expenses and a professional organisation (that already exists, provided out of current budgets) then it's worth it. Someone has to pay for it, why shouldn't it be the end user?

We've been cosseted by a bargain basement governing body for 100 years. And we've done nothing but moan about said governing body. Maybe by paying a more realistic rate we'll get all those changes that we've demanded. If anyone can do it, Dave Richards can.

Remember two things - motor racing isn't compulsory and it's still cheaper than Belgium!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk