Old 14 Feb 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1522996)   #4
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCS
Maybe you're right but I don't hope so!

I believe that a compilation DVD especially from the last 20 years would be sold. It is cheaper than to buy 20 bad quality video's... I think most Rallycross fans would want one in their collection, especially with all the diversity...
I think the quality of your actual footage on dvd wouldn't be that much different from the videos (if bought 'new'). Unless you try to master it = even more costs.

Quote:
But you're right the copyright will be a nightmare to sort! But I do believe all years have been filmed more or less... SVT24 showed them all I think... But I have never seen 1996 on TV!
That's because Mr. Ecclestones company bought all the tv-rights of all the FIA sports somewhere around 94. So after the then current tv-deal expired, a new deal would be so much more expensive that at least Eurosport bailed. Maybe you still remember watching many different motorsports in the beginning of the '90's and they all dropped like flies? There is your reason!
The last years it has gone a little better, but the FIA or any other governing body is not allowed to hold any commercial rights anymore. They were the ones that could make attractive deals as they didn't need huge profits. Today it's all about commercial value. I don't know who holds the rights now, but I can't expect anything less than that he wants his money returned.

Quote:
I would not buy an UK DVD either as there are too less rounds and too less DIV1 contenders. But 20 years of hardcore ERC Rallycross, wow that would be different cake!
The BRC had as much rounds as the ERC, and only one track done twice if I remember correctly. Too less Div1 contenders there might be. But those few sure gave attractive races. And so did the other classes.

Quote:
The problem with Chris Corteyn is that he is unreachable on his e-mail adress and the other problem is Ebay, I want one but I am not interested in dealing via Ebay. If I find his correct adress I will contact him and transfer the money and he can send it!
I don't know why you have a problem with ebay? You can buy it from him there, and then ask for money transfer. It actually gives you safety over just contacting him via mail (not that you need it with him I think).

Quote:
DVD's should be sold on Rallycross meetings and by internet companies (or an official Rallycross dealer)
It is sold by internet companies!