View Single Post
Old 7 May 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3243960)   #141
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
With the greatest respect, some posts have cited reports to support the proposition that Force India's shareholders may have problems elsewhere in their businesses, NOT the team known as Force India based at Silverstone which is a separate legal entity.

Other posts are nothing but malicious rumour such as "There is still very little external funding for the team, and companies are choosing not to be associated with FI due to the toxic nature of the problems with UB & Sahara."

Bob Fearnley has publicly stated that there is no problem and current results, updates for Barcelona and a deal with Mercedes for engines next year seem to bear this out.
There's no 'elsewhere in the business'. Force India's two blocs of owners are encountering fundamental business problems and this is documented by court files and as well going through some high profile financial dailies. That's going to have a major impact on Force India but it's highly unlikely it will kill F1 outright. Will some sponsors think twice or hold off? Yes. That's good business 101.

I looked briefly at the other thread; it's whispers by a poster not even sourced with an unsourced article. It's nothing to me whether the thread is open or not but I can see why that is closed and this isn't.