Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3852375)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Easy - take it off the telly, Budgets shrink , no more races in totalitarian jokes like Azerbaijan, affordable entry fees for the likes of you and me.

And the bonus of the reduced risk of your hairdresser or boring brother in law sharing his views on Lewis's haircut. Job done .

Sorry couldn't resist replying to the last sentence!

Trouble is quite a lot of people seem to be quite interested in his non driving 'qualities'?

To my mind fixing F1 would be fairly simple and not really need to make wholesale changes to the weekend programme.

Essentially we absolutely need to get those huge front wings chopped down properly. After all when the 2019 changes were mooted last year, the front wing width was supposedly going to fit between the front tyres to reduce their aero efficiency?

Make the cars a bit shorter, they are ridiculously long and look quite cumbersome from side-on?

Reduce the manufacturers overbearing influence by bulldozing through reduction in the technology that has proven to be unecessary for the cost it takes, permitting them to supply only one extra team and encourage customer built engines. If the FIA have to 'cancel' F1, do away with silly concorde agreements and re-start it by inviting everyone to enter again, so be it. That would get a few more teams coming in and therefore more drivers.