Thread: Race Goodbye Malaysia.
View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3725215)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
First thing that comes to mind is of course , all the excitement waking up super-early with my brother, to see Schumacher racing for the first time after his accident in Silverstone, and of course F1 arriving to a brand new land, and that a tropical land...little did we know that it will be the start of the "Tilke-era"...an era that will be responsible of wasting asphalt around the world, with no soul and no character...

I hope Imola will take its place (and not say a street race in Kazahstan)

(To be completely fair, Turn 4-5-6 with its multi-brakepoint/multi-line nature is actually a masterpiece, along with Turkey's Turn 8, it belongs to the list of things that Tilke got right...which is the shortest list of the world, right next to the list of Vegetarian Eskimos )
Agreed great circuit for F1 cars to drive on and to watch them on.
It will be a shame not to have this track on the calendar regardless of location.

Best moments. First race Ferraris and one of Stewarts best showing.
The carnage of '01 in he monsoon.
Schu vs JPM at the start of '02
Alonso and Kimi's performances in '03.
Glock's near win in '09....