Thread: MONZA HISTORIC
View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3748915)   #38
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The Museo has some wonderful cars, and the layout is very simple. Not huge amount though. Each car has plenty of space until you get to the T33s and more modern racers, where they are lined up. There is a glass wall of models that I could have spent ages looking at, but it was getting late and I was 'hank marvin'

There is a model shop inside the circuit, next to the bar / cafe and clothing shops. I looked in but most of the stuff spotted was at 'the lower end' of the market. I didn't get a chance to investigate further.

Just walking through the trees and coming upon the old banking is worth a trip to Monza alone, regardless of anything else. Then trying to climb it....
Thanks for that, Mike. Maybe next year... as an Alfa owner for the past 36 years, it's something I really have to do. They do at least take their cars out & about. They had several at Techno Classica, & they had cars on Mille Miglia, Targa Florio etc.

I was told about the Monza shop by someone at Team Lotus who was also a serious book & model collector, but that was some years ago so it might well have changed by now!

Sounds like you might be a model collector too...?