Thread: Image FF
View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4026907)   #41
matteamotorsport3
Rookie

matteamotorsport3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadvent View Post
I was scanning through the posts on the subject of Image Race Cars as I am keen to try and find an FF2 or FF2B, part of the reason is that when I was very much younger I used to spend all my evenings and weekends working on the cars and trailing them all over the UK to race meetings.

When I first got involved the factory was in an old chicken farm complex at Tangmere near Chichester in Sussex.

I seem to remember the guy in the next unit was Tony Harvey and he ran Gunnar Nilsson when he was racing a Chevron in Formula Atlantic. Gunnar used to call by and we would use him as the weight when doing the set up on the Image as he was much the same weight and size as the then works driver, Frank Bayes.

I am still in frequent contact with Alan Langridge who was Image Race Cars and with Frank Bayes.

There has to be a an Image or two out there somewhere so if anyone has one it would be really good to hear.

These were the heady days of Formula Ford and the Image would often take the fight in the championships of the time to the likes of Derek Warwick, Derek Daley, Bernard Devaney, Rick Morris and I guess Jim Walsh and many others.

I have seen other odd manufacturers surfacing in the Historic and Classic Formula Ford grids so an Image is part of the missing ingredient!

Having read the other postings I cannot recall the factory ever building an FF2000 car even in the days when Robert Singe was involved.

Image did produce one, and only one, Formula Vee car that was exhibited at a show in St Johns Wood, London.

Mark Goddard was going to buy the car to race but i think it was not finished in time so he went a different route. I found all the original conceptual drawings for this car a while ago so it would be good to know where that went too?

So, if you have an Image lurking in the depths of a barn or shed somewhere it would be good to know about it if only to find out where they all went to!

Thanks for reading the post!

Hello from Australia!

i have just found this forum and was looking for some information
i am currently restoring an 1978 image FF3 no. 023. to comply with the class rules the car must be as it was back in 1980 when it was first raced here. the car, somewhere along the way, has been converted to pushrod rear suspension in place of the out board shock that it had originally been running and now, to comply with class rules, the out board suspension must be used. i was wondering if anybody in this forum had and photos and/or drawings of the out board suspension on the FF3. if this is unsuccessful, does anyone know of a way to contact Alan Langridge to acquire any drawings from him.

Thank you in advance.