View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2022, 09:19 (Ref:4113385)   #32
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HSCC racer here. Although we have had good grids at the start of the year, there were smaller grids at Cadwell as highlighted in the OP.
There is no doubt that the professionalism of the historic paddock is having an effect. In formula ford, many of the front runners are changing tyres nearly every race and many test on friday, which is not really an option for those with busy jobs. In addition, i have noted the creep in costs - Donnington over £500 as is Oulton. I personally think only Brands GP and Silverstone GP justify that level of money in the UK. If you add all that up, you are looking at well north of £1k per weekend for top cars in what is considered a cheaper series.
I don't offer any real solutions - although I do think a tyre limit over the season of 2 sets could be a sensible way forward. We just need to be accepting that at these level of costs, we are not going to be seeing much of a socially diverse group of younger drivers joining the series (writes a white middle class male....!!)