View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3963880)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spotted the new loos yesterday.

And today - right in the middle of many of my photos!

Some extra work is required to minimise their appearance in the images.

It was a missed opportunity not to make them Mallory Green - or at least have them all the same colour!

Also noticed the new work on the outfield from the hairpin down to Devil's elbow.

The infill has in many ways improved things for spectators I suppose (as have the new sections of concrete paving from the entrance gate) but the extra few feet of elevation has somewhat compromised a few photography options that were pretty much unique to Mallory.

Yep, I know, a vested personal interest of course ... except that is suddenly occurred to me that the armco barrier is now more of a retaining wall for the soil infill.

I have always thought that the point of armco was that it had some measure of deformability for impact absorption or, in severe cases, some give from the support mountings.

Presumably that becomes impossible when lined and backfilled. Or is the safety aspect just reduced? Does it not matter so much any more because other safety factors are more pertinent?