View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4081771)   #5807
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
If bjohnsonsmith's specs for Indycars are true, then the hierarchy might want to be careful how much they water down the cars (relatively speaking) despite how potent they are.

They're about 10% heavier and more powerful than F2. But I don't know if the weight of an Indycar includes the driver, otherwise, the gap is wider.

I'd presume Indycars a 2-3secs quicker, but I'm not as confident as a I was before I read bj's post.

If I was part of the Indycar hierarchy, I'd be working on getting pulling away from the performance of F2, without making a big deal about it as other classes would.

As it is, Indycar is probably about Formula 1.9 atm? I'd try and eek it out to Formula 1.6-7 range?
I have seen a few comments and references to simulations that around Watkins Glen, with no DRS/P2P the F2 car is quicker by 0.25secs. With DRS/P2P available, the IndyCar is faster by about the same margin.
This would tally with Grosjean's comments:
'Indycar is a bit more like a F2 car - I would say 40% less power. It is quite big. I mean Formula 1 is 1000 (hp) if not more and Indycar is 600 and something I don't have the exact number but let's say 650.'