View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2019, 13:11 (Ref:3891586)   #388
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the Group B cars in the flesh Chunder. They were great. So exciting to watch. The closeness of the racing was as varied as it is today, arguably more spread out as the quality of the field varied hugely. The driving standards were as good or bad as they are now too. Many circuits were better, I'd agree with that, but some were equally hopeless. One in Belgium springs to mind. And so many cars parked on the side of the road after a few laps. A bit like the British championship really! The new cars aren't as exciting as they appear to be on rails at times. The lack of gravel has an influence on that I suspect as a bit of wry gravel at Loheac and the cars are all over the place again. But the number and depth of quality is much better. Cars coming 15th in the WRX (eh GCK cars) would have won the ERX 5 years ago. That's the benefit of the influx of money.

Your comment about us lot all posting only positive comments is moronic and completely devoid of any facts. But hey, that hasn't stopped you in the past has it.

And this is a Motorsport forum. It seems the appropriate place to debate engine configurations and placement of radiators. It's arguably more relevant to a thread in the WRX 2019 to debate which driver will participate than rattle on for 6 pages about how it was better in the past (appreciate I'm guilty of that above too) and how you don't care for the sport anymore.