View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1734931)   #73
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bit of a sad tale with that car I think, it was a Sunbeam Talbot not a Tiger and I sold him the Group 2 Rally engine out of my Talbot when I went over to Chevvies after totalling the Sunbeam at Oulton. I am not sure whether it was that car or when in Lotus guise but as I recollect someone was killed in it while driving it, cannot remember the full details.

Mike then bought the ill fated Starion Turbo that has been owned by so many people and crashed by as many. I remember when the guy who built it debutted it at Malory and everyone wanted it, he sold it to Mike, who sold it to Craig Davies, then back to Mike, then to Phil Rowley, then driven by Peter Barnes for Phil and I think it finally ended up with Mr Philpotts (not sure if same car but looked like it). I have followed the thing twice when it took an exit stage left into the barriers and I think everyone who owned it or drove it ended up smashing it! Quick car if you kept it on the black stuff:-)

Last edited by Al Weyman; 11 Oct 2006 at 09:52.