View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2016, 00:50 (Ref:3697269)   #4723
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been reading a few post making it sound like the ACO has everything figured out and can give and take as they please.

Well then how did the 2014 Toyota show up and race at Le Mans with THAT rear wing...and why do the Porsche's have the quickest fuel flow into the tank and seemingly nothing done about it. Why did Audi never get the fuel flow sped up?

Talking as though the ACO has everything figured out, but they really don't. Its going to take time.

But that's exactly how teams take advantage of the rules. So many examples in recent times in Le Mans to show that the teams always get the jump on the ACO. Why should this be any different.
When the bean counters are demanding results and headlines, do you think anyone cares about the spirit of the regs? Even without the pressure of the bean counters, the people that work in those teams want to constantly one-up each other bringing the most clever interpretation of a given ruleset.

Loopholes and BOP like concessions aren't a good thing for fair competition in the open formula class. Whether there even needs to be fair competition is another interesting debate I suppose...Thats just my take.
Sure it will attract new manufacturers.

Last edited by Articus; 20 Dec 2016 at 01:00.