View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4124154)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Must admit i really wanted to be home tucked up in bed.So sorry to everyone who came to see me. I was really in a lot of pain.Here goes.
We had a good couple of days after racing at VSCC Mallory at Delta HQ and all four cars were ready to load up for Wednesday morning.Trouble was Wednesday morning going to work i got side swiped and knocked of the bike. Few cuts and bruises and poor chap in van was so sorry but amazed i think as i said no worries i am fine but i must get to work and go to Silverstone. Patched my self up at work but more of a problem was I found out i had shingles. Managed to get phone call to Doctor and a team member collected medicine for me on his way up to Silverstone. I would not want to wish shingles on to anyone blooming painful but hay ho there are a lot of people worse off.
We had a new driver and new car to run. A lovely little Crossle 4F.The driver has food and drink warehouses and supplies all the large super markets. He also brought crates of beer,cider and larger for marshals BBQ which this year went really well with excellent turn out. I do not think we have started a thread this year but a big thank you to the orange army for coming along. Super evening.
Back to racing and this weekend Duncan reached race number 670 in his Alexis so getting ever closer to that bench mark i have set of 750.My new driver did some practice in damp conditions on Thursday but looks like he missed a gear a couple of times and come Friday morning the engine threw a rod so that was his weekend over. I was very disappointing with my performance in my Lotus 22 and was some 3 seconds slower than i was back in 2018.Finished P29 but then disqualified for being under weight. This after not really wanting to race a car after 52 years I then offered my car to Eddie the Crossle owner and he raced on Sunday which I was delighted to of done as it had been a dream come true for him to race at the Classic.
I also shared a sports 2000 with my life long friend in the Thundersports race. Probably enjoyed this race more although the throttle jammed wide open in qualy on Friday but managed to switch off and just missed hitting the armco by the grace of god.We changed the cable and finished the race on Sunday in last place after an unscheduled early pit stop and then second time co driver stopped out of position so we all had to run up the pits.I have to get in passenger side and two other crew haul him out of the car.We were then boxed in and I could not get back out . Think the pit stop took around two minuits instead of 1.!!! I was very cross but could only laugh after the race.
There you go. Its not the race meeting it was I got told by a very senior person in Motorsport the other day," trouble with you Rowley is you just want a piece of tarmac to go racing on ". Spot on . Not sure on spectator attendance but looked to be down on numbers.
Sure was good to be back in my own bed last night. Happy days again.